Thursday, September 22, 2016

31DC2016 Day 22: Breaking Glass


Baby, I've been.. waiting to do this shattered glass mani way before I even started this year's 31 Day ChallengeIn fact, I've been planning it for the last two years when it was requested that my next "inspired by a song" mani be for "Breaking Glass" by David Bowie. As it's one of my favorite songs, how could I resist? 

Even though at the time I didn't know how I was going to pull that off, I've kept it in the back of my mind. Fortunately in the last year or so this shattered glass nail art technique became popular. This is my first time trying it so I followed this tutorial by HannahRoxNails to take out all the guess work.



What I used:
Orly
Liquid Vinyl- black
iridescent cellophane
Seche Vite top coat

Looking back:
31 Day Challenge 2014- Sound and Vision
31 Day Challenge 2013- Let's Dance


Ahh, this worked out so perfectly! I would say doing Bowie inspired nails for this prompt three times in a row makes it officially a tradition. What song should I plan on for next time?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!