Saturday, August 27, 2016

ABC Challenge: Q is for Quartz


Let's pretend it's still Friday and I'm not late once again for the ABC Challenge, okay? I felt like I was going to be quite limited in my options for the letter Q, but I did come up with a good handful of ideas before deciding on this one. This design may look familiar to you as I copied as closely as I could this design from the amazing Glitterfingersss. There's no doubt the original is totally better, but I think mine turned out as well as I could hope for.


I'm finally getting on board with the negative space look. I was so pleased with my Neon Negative Space nails that I had to try it again. It really helps that my nails aren't badly stained at the moment. I also use a ridge filler base coat to make it look extra smooth. I think it makes these quarts really pop!


For this mani I followed Glitterfingersss tutorial here. It's pretty simple and straightforward so I'm not going to go into the description of how I made these.



I ended up using a lot of polishes here, way more than it looks like I used. I started off with mostly creme formulas on my pinky but decided I wanted even more glitter and flakies so I added two really pretty Potion Polish shades in with the mix.

What I used:
Powder Perfect Smooth Sailing ridge filler
China Glaze Fairy Dust
Potion Polish Dutchess
Potion Polish Liberty
OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini
OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender
ORLY Snowcone
Bundle Monster BM-S303 stamping plate
Seche Vite top coat


What do you think? Did I do the original design justice?

REMINDER: The ABC Challenge will resume with the letter R on October 7th. I'll be spending September doing the 31 Day Challenge (see Chalkboard Nails' post for all the details HERE), I hope you join in too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!