Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Stardust Beauty May 2016 Releases Swatches and Review


I have been looking forward to this post and sharing with you the new Stardust Beauty May 2016 Releases. I am never disappointed by Drema's creations but these four seem to be extra unique and beautiful. Today's post is going to be a little picture heavy because I had to show the different dimensions and the details of these polishes. I keep trying to pick a favorite but I just can't, I am really smitten. I think you'll love them as much as I do!


Formula and application:
Stardust Polishes are all 3-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP) and hand-mixed in small batches. Each one had a different formula, so I'll be describing each one along with the application accompanying the photos. I will let you know right now that on the whole they applied really well.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 


June 2016 is a vibrant deep blue holo that leans aqua because of the subtle green shimmer, and has pink/purple micro flakies. The formula was really good and applied nice and smooth. The opacity was good after two coats, but it looked more intense with a third. Shown without top coat.


You can see the green shimmer more here.
 

And the purple micro flakies are more visible in the shade.


Strawberry Shortcake is a light, fleshy pink creme/jelly full of gold, pink, red, and silver holo micro glitter. For my light skin tone, this is a perfect neutral pink color, with beautiful sparkle shining through. Two coats were probably fine, but did three just in case for photos. Shown with top coat.

You can see the holo glitter a little better here.



What's The Tale, Nightingale? is a white creme/jelly base with purple, light blue, blue holo, and scattered holo glitter. Drema does these crelly polishes so well, I love the small sizes of glitter and color combinations. The formula is very thin in this one, which helped it apply really smoothly. Three coats would probably be good, but I did four thin coats for the photos. Shown with top coat.

I don't know why, but I didn't take more photos of this polish. I wish I had because you can't really tell that the smaller blue glitters are holographic, but they are and it's super pretty.



May 2016 is a deep berry linear holographic duochrome that shifts to a burgundy, then a gold/copper. I'm not finding the words to describe how beautiful this is, so you just need to look at the photos. The formula was really good, but I did make sure to let the first coat dry a little before I applied the second so it didn't drag. This is two coats, no top coat.


These photos in the shade show off the lovely duochrome shift much better.


All four polishes are available now, and retail $10-$12. May 2016 and June 2016 will only be available through June 30th.

Stardust Beauty


What do you think of these shades? Do you have a favorite? I think these are all stunning and recommend that if you haven't tried Stardust Beauty yet these polishes would be a perfect first purchase!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!