Thursday, May 5, 2016

Powder Perfect The Palace Collection Swatches and Review


Hey everyone! I bring you today a new-to-me brand that I've wanted to try for quite some time, Aussie indie brand Powder Perfect. That name is so fitting because for the most part these formulas were a dream to work with! The Palace Collection was inspired by the classic Cinderella tale as told by Charles Perrault & the Brothers Grimm. It is comprised of three holos, two cremes, and one foil formula. Let's take a look!


If The Slipper Fits is a pale holographic purple polish with color shifting flakies that change from purple to blue, and has a beautiful golden shimmer that glows from beneath. This is a stunning shade and the formula was flawless. This is two coats, no top coat.



Hazel Twig  is a pale green holographic with green-gold flakies. I feel like my photos want to show this shade as more metallic than it is. Another flawless formula. This is two coats, no top coat.



Turtle Dove is a soft ivory creme. My photo is making it look more pink, but it's a true ivory and quite lovely. For such a light shade the formula was pretty good but did require three coats. Shown without top coat. I would have shown you a macro but I am trying to figure out how to make the camera focus well on creme finishes.



First Dance is a rich cornflower blue metallic foil. Though they're not much, there are some visible brush strokes which is typical of a foil. The formula was really easy to work with and it also stamps really well. This is two coats, no top coat.



Search The Kingdom is a soft princess-y pastel pink creme. The formula self-leveled really well and I only needed two coats. Shown without top coat.


Cinder Soot is a light/medium gray creme with gold flakies and a holo glow. You know how I love my gray polishes! This is another beautifully complex shade with a perfect formula. This is coats, no top coat


Each polish retails from $10.50AUD/$11USD to $12.50AUD/USD and can be purchased from the Australian Powder Perfect website or the US Powder Perfect website. Not only are these polishes great individually, but I feel together they really capture the romanticism of Cinderella.

Powder Perfect


Which are your favorites? If I had to narrow them down to three, I would say If The Slipper Fits, Turtle Dove, and Cinder Soot are my top picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!