Tuesday, April 26, 2016

UberChic Beauty Succulents Mini Stamping Plate Review



Hey ladies! Today I am super excited to share with you my first UberChic Beauty review! I've shown you lots of nail art looks using UberChic stamping plates already (for example: here, here, and here). Now you'll be seeing a lot more from me. I hope you enjoy them and find a little inspiration too! Today's post is all about UberChic Beauty's new succulents mini stamping plate. I've chosen three nail art looks to showcase this plate and give a little variety. Let's take a look..


For this first look I've done some water marbling and negative space stamping on top. As far as I can remember, this is my first time ever stamping a negative space image. I've seen it done a lot and have been dying to try it. It turned out to be a little trickier picking up all of that polish with the stamper. After about a half dozen tries though I finally got the feel of it. I think it was a quick roll with a slight pushing motion, if that makes any sense. I love how long this image is. It allowed me to make each nail look unique by using a different area.


Products used:
Pipe Dream Polish Positive Vibes- pink
Pipe Dream Polish Keep Calm- green
Pipe Dream Polish Chillax- blue
Konad Special Polish black
Seche Vite top coat



For this look I wanted to do something a little more simple and straightforward. I have been wanting to use this polish with a stamping image just like this and I knew this was the perfect pairing. The image itself really stands out, and at the same time you can enjoy the details in the polish. The image was a breeze to stamp.

Products used:
Stardust Beauty Audrey II
Konad Special Polish black
Seche Vite top coat



For my final design I chose to use my favorite image on the plate. This image was on the corner where it kind of slopes down, so it was a little more tricky for me to scrape the polish over the plate evenly. I usually scrape toward the edge of the plate when stamping, so I don't get the rest of the plate messy. I realized with the position of this one I needed to scrape inward, and that made it much easier. Then I made some reverse stamping decals on my XL clear stamper (I'll be reviewing it in the future). I am in love with the results!

Products used:
Pipe Dream Polish Positive Vibes- pink
Pipe Dream Polish Keep Calm- green
Pipe Dream Polish Peace Out- purple
Konad Special Polish white
Seche Vite top coat


The mini plates are smaller (hence the name) than the usual UberChic stamping plate. They measure 6 x 12 cm and have a sturdy white plastic backing. The UberChic Beauty succulents mini stamping plate retails for $7.99 USD and can be purchased through their website.

UberChic Beauty



Conclusion: I'll be honest, I didn't know how creative I could get with a plate entirely made up of succulents. Well after doing just three of these I still had a few more ideas I wanted to try. So I'm sure I'll be using it again in the future! Lastly, while some of the images took a little longer to get the hang of, once I figured them out they worked beautifully.

What do you think of the theme of this plate? Do you have a favorite image?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!