Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Double Stamped Purple Roses


Hey all! I have some more stamped nail art for you today. I am slightly obsessed with stamping at the moment. You may think this design looks a little familiar because I used the same stamping image in this mani for Valentine's Day. A couple weeks ago my mom invited me to see the ballet "Romeo and Juliet" with her and I wanted to do some romantic nails for the occasion. I loved this rose image so much that I wanted to use it for a second time that week.


I've never been a fan of the Romeo and Juliet story. It's basically just two teenagers who were total drama llamas. I had therefore put off seeing the ballet but have always been curious. I am soo glad I went (thanks Mom!) because it was seriously amazing. It was dramatic, it was funny, the costumes and set were incredible, and yes, it made me cry. I feel so fortunate to live in a city where we have such a talented ballet company. Did you see the CW show "Breaking Pointe"? That was the local company, Ballet West. I am so sad though that their prima ballerina Christiana Bennet retired. I don't think anyone can ever match her grace and talent.


Anyway, about the nails. Once again I am smitten over my clear jelly stamper. It makes my skills look significantly better. I started with my base color then stamped the rose image in white. Then I stamped the same image in purple but a little off to the side of the white. On my ring finger I added just a touch of gold polish. I finished with some top coat and was good to go.


What I used:
Essie Virgin Snow- light purple
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Plummet- deep purple
Konad Special Polish white
Wet n Wild Chrome Night At The Palladium- gold
Uberchic 3-01 stamping plate


Fun fact: Did you know that the Swan Lake costumes worn on the Taylor Swift "Shake It Off" music video were borrowed from Ballet West? *Knowledge is power.*

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!