Friday, March 18, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Three Shades Of Green + Ikat


Green-tings everyone! Hehe. As you can see from the post title, this week's prompt for the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas is three shades of green  and I was assigned the additional prompt of Ikat. This is only my second time around trying an Ikat design, you can see my first here

I was reorganizing my OPI drawer this week and came upon these greens. I knew I had this prompt coming up so I decided then I was going to use them all together. The amusing thing to me is that previous to getting into nail art, I would have never ever bought colors like these. These days any shade that is unique becomes a necessary addition to my collection. Let's just say my taste has expanded leaps and bounds compared to a couple years ago.


I searched online for inspiration and ended up modeling my design after this mani by Kayla Shevonne. I miss reading her blog and wish she was still posting. It's always so sad when your favorite bloggers quit blogging!


What I used:
OPI Life Game Me Lemons
OPI Stranger Tides
OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window
white acrylic paint
Glisten and Glow HK Girl top coat

I am quite please with how these came out! What do you think of the color scheme? Is it something you would wear? Check out what the other ladies did for their challenge prompt below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!