Monday, February 1, 2016

Stardust Polish February Releases


Hello ladies! Today I have four fabulous new Stardust Polishes to show you. There are a few fiercely girly shades, and whaddya  know? They're all named after girls! I have lots to say about them so keep reading to find out more!



Formula and application:
Stardust Polishes are all 3-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP) and hand-mixed in small batches. Each one had a different formula (the two holos weren't quite the same), so I'll be describing each one along with the application accompanying the photos. I will let you know right now that on the whole they applied really well.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 



Tiffany is an indigo linear holo with scattered fine silver holo glitter. This is a really lovely, well pigmented blue and the holo is nice and strong too. It's the only one out of the four that I had doubts about when applying at first because the first coat went on so patchy. By the second coat though it was all resolved and smoothly applied to the desired coverage. This is two coats, no top coat.



Karen is a bright light pink linear holo with scattered fine silver holo glitter. This is a totally girly Barbie kind of shade. It reminds me so much of a Clinique lipstick called Silvery Moon that I used to wear for work all the time. It didn't flatter me as much as some other shades but I wore it because it was fun. The application was easy and I didn't have any issues. This is two coats, no top coat.



Antoinette is a bright pink crelly filled with pink/gold/green/blue color shifting microflakies, rainbow microflakies and subtle purple shimmer. I think a fitting alternate name for this shade is "Sorry Boss, Is This Not Work Appropriate?" It's seriously in your face neon pink! Although it's described as a crelly, it dries a little dull and absorbs some of the reflectiveness of the flakies. Application was great with no complaints. This is two coats, no top coat.



Emily is a deep purple crelly filled with multiple sized/shape glitters in purple hues along with some microfine silver holo glitter. I wish my camera captured how much color is reflecting off these glitters, there is so much sparkle! The amount of glitter makes this finish slightly textured even with top coat, though not to the point of being snaggy. This is two coats with one layer of top coat. By the way, I love the name of this one! <3



These polishes are now available for preorder through the Startdust Polish Newsletter and each retails at $8-$10. Preorder ends February 9th at 8pm EST. They will then be available in store with an increased price of $10-$12.


Stardust Beauty


What do you think? Any of them catching your eye? It's hard to choose but I am really fond of Emily and Antoinette, with the latter being so unique!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!