Thursday, February 11, 2016

Marble Roses


Good morning lovelies. I am feeling like a new woman! I didn't get a full night of uninterrupted sleep (my baby usually sleeps through the night), but it was 100x better than than the night before! Baby girl is doing much better today. Thank you everyone for your well wishes!



Today's mani didn't come out at all how I originally intended. What I had in mind was much closer to this design I did a couple years ago. For some reason though I just couldn't get my images on the stamp well. I finally gave up and decided on this rose image. Again, not my original intention, so thank goodness for happy accidents! I think it looks so interesting!


I started with a pink and red gradient, with the red half toward my tips. On my ring finger I added a little glitter, because I still wasn't sure what I was doing yet, haha. Then I stamped the rose image using the same pink from the gradient. And on top of that I stamped it again using the same red also. After all that stamping, you can't really tell there was a gradient underneath. Instead it has this cool marbled look to it. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the pink and red rose stamping doesn't line up. I think I did them opposite of each other, I'm not really sure.


What I used:
Love Charlotte, xo by Color Club (no name) red
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pink Blink
Nails Inc. Knightsbridge- glitter
Seche Vite top coat
Uberchic 3-01 stamping plate


To explain why I have photographed these with two different bottles, I had the hardest time getting my photos in focus. I was hoping that holding a different bottle would help. It didn't really, but I finally got a few that worked. Someday I'm going to get myself a tripod!

Well there you have it! I have at least one more Valentine's mani planned for tomorrow. Sorry if you're sick of them. I am enjoying them just as much as I did last year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!