Thursday, September 25, 2014

31DC2014 Day 24: The Hangry Games



I really, really struggled with today's Inspired by a Book prompt. I came up with a half a dozen ideas that I just wasn't happy about. I even started two different manis before scrapping them. What I ended up with is completely my husband's invention. I asked him for ideas for the Book prompt and without much effort he suggested "The Hunger Games". I was in the middle of rolling my eyes and explaining "Yeah, that's been done before", when he followed up by adding that it would food based. Hunger Games....food that makes you hungry. Hahaha. It's just too funny not to do. 



Since he came up with the idea, I then gave him the responsibility of designing my mani and coming up with a name. He came up with "The Hangry Games", because who doesn't get a little angry when they're hungry (totally stolen from that Tina Fey commercial)? I can get grumpy when I'm hungry, but more often I become sad and helpless.

This is the design he created for me in Photoshop:
I think I matched it well, except I got the ice cream cone upside down. :P

Upside down ice cream!



Almost every color here was mixed together so I'm not going to bother listing them.


Here's last year's 31DC2013 Inspired by a Book post.


Do you get hangry? Or do you curl up in a ball and wait for someone to put food in your mouth like I do? Since having kids I've had to learn to feed myself better, but it still ain't easy for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!