Thursday, September 4, 2014

31DC2014 Day 03: Yellow Mod Geometrical


Today was a chance to try another new technique- stamping decals. I had attempted this once before and it was a disaster. I had been scared off for some time, but finally roused up enough courage for a second attempt. I still don't really understand the tricks behind a successful stamp decal. But I managed to figure it out well enough to enjoy today's result, and to want to keep trying.



For the decals I stamped the image, then left it on the stamper.

With a small detail brush I randomly painted in shapes with white and blue polish.

Then I applied topcoat over the image and past it, creating a clear border.

Once that was dry I used tweezers to lift it off the stamper then transfer the decal to my nail.

The two things I struggled with were 1) having the colors smear underneath because I had too much polish. Then the worst, 2) the decal becoming too crunchy and wrinkly, and it wouldn't lay smooth on the nail. If you know of any helpful hints, I would love to know!


For my thumb nail I just freestyled a design with a brush. It came out looking a little too "Illuminati". Shhh..I've already revealed too much.


What I used:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue
Wet n' Wild Ebony Hates Chris
Zoya Purity
MoYou London Hipster 07 stamping plate
Born Pretty black rhinestones

Here's what I did for last year's 31DC2013 Yellow post.

I'm happy that this mani basically came out how I first imagined it. I especially love the finishing touches of the black rhinestones!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!