Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NOTD: Sinful Colors Coral Riff


My nail of the day is a recent purchase of mine. I made a trip last week to Ye Olde Drugstore in search of some newly released polishes, but sadly couldn't get my hands on them. I asked the salesclerk if she'd seen them in yet, and she led me around the beauty section trying to pretend she was helpful. Amateur. I had to walk away with something, so fortunately I laid my eyes on this pretty and took it home with me!

Coral Riff is a deep coral creme/jelly with multi-colored glass flecks. I used two coats here.

The glass fleck isn't in-your-face obvious, but I've always been a fan of a subtle shimmer.


Sinful Color polishes can be found at most drug stores. I purchased this at Rite Aid for $1.99.

Moral of the story: Even when you can't find the polish that brought you to the store in the first place, there is always a plethora of other options for you to buy! I want to know, how often does that happen to you?


7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous color! I love what the little flecks add to it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, when I looked at this in the dismal light in my store, I didn't see the shimmer. Coral + glassfleck = love! Thanks for the swatch, I'll have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha it reminds me of when I was at a store a few weeks ago scoping out the wall of nail polish and this clerk was restocking shelves and she had a nail polish in her hands but couldn't figure out where it went. At a quick glance I could totally tell it was a SH Diamond Strength and they go on the second shelf right over there... but she was holding it like ummmm? Then she proceeds to ask me if I need help finding anything. Sha, as if. LOL. I really did appreciate her helpfulness, but I doubt she could help me. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. After scouring the whole place, I thought it still couldn't hurt to ask. She told me yes, she had seen them, and led me to a totally different polish. Then she kept walking up and down the isles looking in places they clearly wouldn't be. I appreciated that she was trying to be helpful so I just shut my mouth.

      Delete
  4. Great color, it has a lovely shimmer to it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!