Monday, September 23, 2013

33 Day Challenge Day 01: Dots

Am I crazy? I must be, because I am starting another challenge before the 31 Day Challenge is over! This is the 33 Day Challenge (that's right, two days longer!) being run by the Crumpet Nail Tarts. So in my insanity, I decided to join in the fun. Why is it longer than a month? Well, it is running Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for 11 weeks.

Inspired by my post from the Challenge's polka dot day, my lovely sister shared one of her own. She came up with a cute domino design, which inspired me to copy her for today's dot prompt. The circle of life!




I started off with two (or three? crap, I'm losing my mind) coats of white polish for my base color. For the black lines I used my large striping brush. Then I added all the dots with my dotting tool. I'm so glad today's prompt inspired something relatively easy. I honestly couldn't handle something more complicated right now. I am trying to complete three posts today!




Luckily it's not that easy to tell, but the top coat did transfer some of the dots' color. So around the dots the white is faintly saturated with their color.




What I used:
Sephora by OPI White Hot- base color
Sephora by OPI What's a Tire Jack?- black lines
OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts- #12
Finger Paints Art Hue Serious?- #8
Wet and Wild Wild Shine Lady Luck- #3
Sephora by OPI Hi Def- #4
OPI Dating a Royal- #5
China Glaze For Audrey- #1
Seche Vite top coat

What do you think of the domino design? I'm so glad I have such great inspiration around me!



So here is to a crazy week while I finish up the first challenge, and continue with this one! Send good vibes my way, and please show me some love by coming back to see my new (or old!) posts! :)

7 comments:

  1. I love domino nails! you've got this so sharp and neat, this goes straight to my pinning board :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool! By the way, your nails are perfectly shaped. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and yes, you are a little crazy for starting another challenge right now. But it works for me! It just means I get to read more of your posts!

      Delete
  3. A great idea with dominoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, truly crazy, but inspiring! I'm still! enjoying my nails that you did for me. Makes me want to get a stamping kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good job and a nice idea! I like it! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!