Friday, September 20, 2013

31DC2013 Day 20: Water Marble

Today is the dreaded water marble day. Ug. I think these colors look fantastic. The rest.. didn't turn out so well. I have a number of complaints here. Before we get into that, let's just look at the pretty colors. Oooooo..



Once again, this is another first for me. Typically when I have been trying new techniques, I sort of just jump right in. This time I knew I had to depend on a tutorial to help me out. To prepare, I watched a couple of videos from the Queen of water marbling. Apparently I did not watch enough videos to have a good idea of how to do it.


Once I choose my colors I was pretty dead set on using them together. After not being able to get them to expand well in the water, I just decided to work with them best I could. It was too late at night to be changing the game plan. Some polishes started drying faster than the others. So I have broken gaps especially noticeable on my ring finger.



I'm not happy with how this turned out, but I'm not discouraged. There are way too many successful water marbles out there for me to give up. I want to try again! I need to figure out what polishes work well, and a few other questions I had.
 Even with how sloppy and broken this is, I love that water marbles still always look unique. No one else has one that looks just like this! Want to know my favorite part about this? It was the quickest manicure I've done this whole Challenge!

What I used:
OPI Live and Let Die-deep green
Zoya Bevin- sage
A England Holy Grail-gold

Have you done successful water marbling? What polishes have worked for you?

11 comments:

  1. I still don't see the problem with this manicure. I think it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for not looking closely. :) I think it looks like a cool looking rock.

      Delete
  2. gorgeous color combinations!! I think you did fine with the marbling, and the colors more than made up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks wonderful! I've never been able to use any shimmery or metallic polishes when I marble.. Not sure why but I love how the gold stands out so strongly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful. - colours give it such depth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors ROCK together :D I love this! However I understand why you're not 100% happy with it. Water marble is a pain in the arse so... I am glad you're not discouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really unique water marble and it looks amazing! Loving the colors and the fact that you incorporated the metallic polish to it. N ever tried it before :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah. What they^ said. This looks super cool and I have no idea what you have to be unsatisfied about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic! I love the marble look :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!