Monday, September 9, 2013

31DC2013 Day 09: Rainbow Nails


 I have another gradient for you today. This time it's the whole rainbow! This mani is one that I can see myself doing again because I think it's so pretty. I wanted to incorporate some gold too, but without the literal pot and the end. I just got a new stamping plate that has a nice design of Celtic knots. I thought that fit perfectly! It's a subtle tie-in to the Irish gold-hording leprechauns and whatnot.




The stamping went pretty smoothly too. I was super stressed about it because I really wanted to do it, but all my practice runs were major fails. My thumb is the only nail that has a little gap. I was almost done when I realized that I hadn't paid attention to the diagonal direction of the stamp. So my middle finger has the design going the opposite direction. It just adds character, right?





Finally on this last shot you can see the gradient on the thumb, with the red and orange.



What I used:

DRK-A Large Stamping Plate (bought from Ninja Polish)
Ulta 14 Carat- gold

(In order, from thumb to pinky)
OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock
Sephora by OPI Hi Def
Barielle Banana Drop
Urban Decay Covet
Ulta Blue Streak
OPI Dating A Royal
Ulta Tutu Cute

What's your favorite rainbow song? I can't help but think of "Look to the Rainbow" from Finian's Rainbow. Love that song!

10 comments:

  1. I think this might be my favorite so far, just because I love how colorful it is, and know that my daughter would LOVE it! She is crazy about rainbows, and will probably ask me to do this for her next polish session. Looks like I need to invest in a good yellow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how I never had a yellow before a couple of months ago. Now I have at least four.

      Delete
  2. Sooooo cool! How clever to do the Celtic knots!

    While I very much love Finian's Rainbow and all of the songs in it, I think my favorite rainbow song is Kermit singing The Rainbow Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd seriously considered doing this kind of design for my rainbows. What I ended up settling on was much less pretty than this- I'll probably do something of this nature once the challenge ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest part was having so many different colors in different formulas. Some sponge on a lot better than others.

      Delete
  4. Wow! My favorite so far. This must have been very time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a FAVE! Seriously you need some kind of an award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make up some award, and I would gladly accept it! ;)

      Delete

I love to hear your comments!