Monday, September 2, 2013

31DC2013 Day 01: Red Nails


Red is a color that immediately makes me feel sexy the moment I paint that first stripe of polish on my finger. With this manicure, all that sexiness went right out the window the moment I added Elmo. But I think cute is an acceptable substitute for sexy.
I knew straight away that I wanted to do Elmo for today's challenge. He is the friendliest red monster there is! I assumed it had been done before (I have found out that all my "original" ideas have been done multiple times), and found one I liked at Nail Loopy. Her Elmo design had awesome detail that I tried to reproduce.


I was really afraid of applying a top coat. I knew it would smear with how thick the polish was. Luckily it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. His eyes got the worst of it. At least he doesn't look demonic, terrorizing children everywhere.




What I used:
American Apparel Downtown LA- red
Sephora by OPI Hi Def- orange
Sephora by OPI What's a Tire Jack?- black
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls- white

Did this make you giggle? In a "tee-hee-hee" kind of way? I was amused. :)

That's it for Day 1! Day 2 is coming right up..

10 comments:

I love to hear your comments!